Monday, September 29, 2014

Girlflesh - "Nudes" (2014)



When I heard the name Girlflesh, the first thing that comes to mind is a female version of Godflesh.  Sort of how Gallhammer are seen as a a female version of Hellhammer.  Even though Girlflesh have a electronic sound, Girlflesh is nothing like Godflesh.  

Roxxie Wallace is the mastermind behind Girlflesh.  And I have to say that this Aussie sure knows how to create some killer beats.  Everything that I love about experimental/electronics are on her album, "Nudes".  From trip hop to dark ambient, "Nudes" is quite the musical experience.

Another thing I like about "Nudes" are the song titles.  "Bass-Moi" sounds like a play-on-word of the French film "Baise-Moi".  And Lilya 4-Ever comes to mind when I saw the song,"Ennui 4EVA".  But "Gore Habit" is the most creative song title I've ever heard.  And probably my favorite.

It's nice to see another musical artist from Australia, since I really don't hear many bands from Australia.  Or at least introduced to any Australian bands.  Only a few.  I know back when Roadrunner had that SignMeTo page, there were some cool Australian bands there.  But lost contact from them when the site was shutdown.  Anyhoo, if you enjoy some electronics, then "Nudes" by Girlflesh might be the album for you.  These sick beats gets "5 Hitlers Punched in the Face".



No comments:

Post a Comment