Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Destitute- "Left For Dead" (2010)



As years go by, I'm starting to really appreciate the Portland, OR music scene.  I've been a huge fan of bands like Agalloch, The Decemberist, and Trees.  And you can add Foxcore/punk band, destitute to that list.
For a while, their debut ep, "Left For Dead", has been playing in my car's CD player.  I'm a huge fan of their Riot Grrl influence.  Also love the raw/lo-fi production.  It gives this ep some attitude.  The first three tracks ("I Don't Want To Play With You Anymore" "Junkie For Jesus", and "Absence") are great.  "Moral Decay" sounds like a good track, too.  But the mix is a bit low.  If they do a full-length, hopefully they'll turn it up a notch.
If you're a fan of the Riot Grrl scene during the 90's, you will totally love destitute.  It's loud and kick arse.  Just the way a bloke like myself loves it.  Really looking forward to their next release.  But I may have to wait awhile since they are in hiatus.  Last time I checked, they got a new drummer.  But until then, "Left For Dead" will be in repeat rotation in my car.  Destitute gets "5 Hitlers Punched in the Face"





Like and buy some destitute merch.








No comments:

Post a Comment