Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 5 Albums of 2012

Well, I hope everyone is going to have a awesome NYE.  2012 was a great year for music.  Found some new bands that I now love.  And enjoyed some new music from my favorite bands.  Hope 2013 brings us some more great music.


#5. Pig Destroyer- Book Burner



I have been waiting for Pig Destroyer to make a new album forever.  After listening to this album so many times, it gets more intense.  The deluxe version made my day with the bonus disc of punk covers.  And J.R. Hayes short story, The Atheist, was a good read.



#4. Evoken- Altra Mors



Oh how I heart death/doom.  And Evoken continue to make that sub-genre awesome.  Very dark and brutal.  These guys never disappoint.  If you're a fan of doom and it's many micro-genres, you have to pick this up.  A great listen when reading The Walking Dead.



#3. Author & Punisher- Ursus Americanus 


This album was also very intense.  Harsh and brutal.  Tristan Shone is one of the few pioneers of this generation.  His shows are even much intense.  A lot of my co-workers who are into dub-step became really huge fans of Ursus Americanus.  More bands/artist should be very creative like Mr. Shone.



#2. Royal Thunder- CVI


My favorite new band of 2012.  CVI, Royal Thunder's first album is one rocking album.  "Whispering World" is my favorite song of 2012.  It was nice seeing these kids get some great reaction.  It was really refreshing to see a more hard rock band (compared to the more extreme).

#1. Unsane- Wreck


I've been a huge fan of these guys since I saw the video for "Scrape".  And since then I've been a fan of noise rock.  Chris Spencer and Co. have made another great album for me to rock out.  Got see them withe Melvins, which was awesome.  Their cover of Flipper's "Ha Ha Ha" was the greatest cover I've heard in a while.  This is the album I recommend people to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment