Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sloth/See Through Buldings - The Greatest Noise on Turf (2016)




Being a metalhead, most of my peers didn't take to kindly that I enjoyed sports.  Especially football.  I always hear how football is "gay" and "it's a bunch of guys getting in top of each other.  And of course these are people who love Judas Priest and listen to Korn (Jon Davis being bi-sexual).  So imagine how excited I was when I saw hnw project, See Through Buildings, doing a football themed split with Florida's Sloth.  This split is gonna take "team spirit" to a whole other level.
Sloth (of Gulf Coast Florida) start things off with what sounds like a industrial drum line.  Then the distortion just rushes at you like James Laurinaitus.  Sacking your eardrums onto the ground.  You can just imagine the crowd going wild on that.  Then we got See Through Buildings' side, which kicks off with the Lion's fight song (I believe it is).  And just like Barry Sanders, See Through Buildings blast into the field with it's devastating harsh noise, and into the end zone. I would like to think that See Through Buildings' track would have been good enough to demolish the Pontiac Silverdome, this past spring.
If you're a fan of both projects, then you will definitely dig this split.  For a sports fan like myself, I really enjoy this because I hardly come across sport fans in the underground music scene.  Sloth sounded wicked as always.  And I totally loved See Through Buildings using a clip of a Lions game, while a wall of noise is blaring in the background.  Both of these noise artist showed what they are capable with their craft.  They really do bring a punishing sound that will crush your mind and soul.  Hope to hear more sports themed splits, because this is really a fun idea.  Huge kudos to Ben and Brandon.

To purchase The Greatest Noise on Turf, visit:  https://seethroughbuildings.bandcamp.com/album/the-greatest-noise-on-turf

And visit them on facebook:

See Through Buildings:
https://www.facebook.com/seethroughbuildings/?fref=ts

Sloth:
https://www.facebook.com/Sloth-of-gulf-coast-florida-1599972390285627/



I rate this: 5 Hitlers Punched in the Face

No comments:

Post a Comment