Thursday, December 18, 2014

Top 5 Films of 2014

Well it's that time of year.  2014 has been a good year for horror.  A lot of films I've heard from Sundance, I've finally got to see.  I present to you, my "Top 5 Films of 2014.
*NOTE* Some of these movies were in the festival circuit, so I didn't get to see them til they came on DVD this year.

5. Godzilla


Even though there wasn't much monster fighting, the destruction that Godzilla and the Mutos created was worth it. Of course this was directed Gareth Edwards, who did Monsters (a monster movie with not much action).  But I did enjoy the story.  Cranston was great.  And I geeked out when Godzilla blew his first flame.  I was expecting more, but I'm happy with what I got.

4. Snowpiercer


Captain America's Chris Evans and John Hurt live in the ghetto side of a train, and are no longer gonna take it.  Joon-ho Bong's post-apocalypse flick was a fun watch.  I don't know what the Weinstein Company took out, but I thought this was a good flick.  If the movie was suppose to be even longer, then I really would like to see what was cut out.

3. Big Bad Wolves


The suspense almost killed me.  And even though the ending was pretty sad, I really enjoyed the story and the dialog.  The opening scene was well done.  The acting was great.  And I really had some great laughs.  People should really check this movie out.

2. Tusk


It's a huge bummer that not many people went out to see this flick in the theaters.  But I hope people will check this out when it comes to DVD.  There was some funny moments, but I was mostly waiting for the Walrus suit.  And it was fun to see everything that Kevin Smith talked about on SModcast, come to life.

1. The Sacrament


Many people have said that Ti West can be "hit or miss".  The Sacrament did not disappoint.  Maybe the reason I enjoyed this movie was because the whole Jonestown thing.  I've read so many stories about that, and always use it to point out what's wrong with religion/cults.  I already knew how it was going to end.  I just wanted to see how Ti West will pull it off.  Definitely my favorite movie of 2014.  






No comments:

Post a Comment