Friday, May 16, 2014

Kantation - Discovery (2013)


During my late teens/early 20's, I use to read this awesome magazine from Canada called Brave Word & Bloody Knuckles (BW&BK).  In every issue, they have a promo cd featuring new music from new and established bands.  When I was a wee little lad, I was introduced to bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Saxon.  So when I started listening to Power Metal, it was nice to see that traditional sound was still going in Europe.  Sadly, I didn't get really into the scene since I was more interested in death metal/grindcore; and later sludge/post-metal.

Kantation is a band started by Martin Debourge; who I met through myspace, and features guitarist Nano Lugo (the main man who got Kantation going).  Also in guitar is Jeremy Jimison (Head Transfer Process), Brian Khairullah handling the low end, and Vinny Galore beating the skins.  Together, they made a really killer Power Metal album that I can headbang and sing along to.

Discovery opens with "The Maze".  Great riffs and a enjoyable chorus.  I can see why this song is being made into a music video; be sure to check it out soon.  Another song I really enjoyed was "Distant Eyes".  Love the first lyrics; "Wake up and See.  You won't believe.  A tale of our demise"  And "Ride" is great way to end "Discovery".

Martin DeBourge, you never disappoint, you cheeky bastard.  And to Mr. Lugo, you really got a awesome Power Metal band that I can get behind.  And with Khairullah, Jimison, and Galore, they made Discovery a enjoyable experience.  Looking forward to their next release.  Proud to give this album "5 Hitlers Punched in the Face".



For more info on Kantation, follow these links:




No comments:

Post a Comment