Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The House of the Devil (2009)


Seeing that Ti West new film, "The Sacrement" will be coming out to selected theaters and VOD soon, I figured that I should review his first full-feature, "The House of the Devil".  This movie was brought to my attention to a co-worker a while back when this movie was coming out on dvd.  So on it's release, I purchased it and I have to say it wasn't a bad flick.

The movie is about a college girl name Samantha looking for a job to earn some cash.  She finds a ad for hiring a babysitter.  She calls up the number and a man, who sounds very suspicious, picks up the phone.  The man gives Samantha the gig, so Samantha's friend drops her off to the house.  The owners were going out to see a lunar eclipse and needed someone to look after his mother.  They give Samantha some basic instructions and they take off.  Later on, Samantha hears some strange things.  She goes upstairs to check on the mother and finds something very horrifying.

Now I have to admit that this movie is very slow, but the ending really makes it worth while.  I love the beginning with the 80's throwback intro.  The acting was pretty good.  The script was decent.  But I have to say that the mother was the most scariest thing I've seen in a long time.  So if you enjoyed "The Sacrement", then I would suggest checking out "The House of the Devil".

No comments:

Post a Comment