Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Palms - "Palms" 2013




A couple of years ago, I was super excited when I heard the news that Deftones singer, Chino Moreno was forming a band with three members of ISIS.  Of course I was interested in how they will sound.  Would it sound like ISIS with Chino on vocals?  Or would it be a complete different band?

Well, I will say this; Palms sound like a nice cross between Alternative Metal and Post-Rock.  I can hear a bit of Deftones and ISIS.  But it does have a tropical/dream-like feel.  It really does feel like another band.  But of course Chino's vocals are very recognizable.  Hopefully when you're listening to it, you can get past that.  And I have to mention that it's nice hearing Clifford Meyer doing more guitar.

"Future Warrior" starts off great.  With "Patagonia", I just wanted to close my eyes and pretend I'm flying above the clouds.  And from there on, it's just enjoyable.  I don't think this is going to break any new ground.  But I'm pretty sure Chino has done it with the Deftones.  And Aaron Harris , Cliff Meyer, and Jeff Caxide have did get that whole Post-Metal thing rocking and rolling.  So if you enjoy the work of the Deftones and ISIS, I might recommend this.  This was a good record by very creative people.


No comments:

Post a Comment